Eco Elementum as registered SACNASP Agricultural and Soil Scientists can offer the following services related to soil, land use and land capability assessment:
- Determining both the physical soil properties of soil in the development footprint (direct area of influence) as well as a buffer zone area around the proposed infrastructure.
- Determining the current land capabilities on site.
- Evaluating the current land uses and the agricultural potential of the proposed project site.
- Determining and rating the sensitivity of the receiving baseline environment (pertaining to the specialist field) to the proposed development.
- Identifying, describing and rating the anticipated impacts of the proposed project on the soil of the study area and its related capabilities and potential.
- Developing and describing mitigation and management measures to minimise the anticipated impacts.
- Providing monitoring guidelines for ongoing evaluation during the project lifecycle.