Eco Elementum recognises and welcomes that no person other than a registered Environmental Assessment Practitioner (EAP) may hold primary responsibility for the planning, management, coordination, compilation or review of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) and associated Environmental Management Programme Reports (EMPRs).
As per the National Environmental Management Act (NEMA) 24H Regulations, Eco Elementum is registered with the Environmental Assessment Practitioners Association of South Africa (EAPASA), established in 2012 to promote, on a non-profit basis, the advancement of the practice and quality of environmental assessment in South Africa in the public interest, in the interest of the environment and in terms of relevant legislation.
This allows the Eco Elementum professional team of EAPs to plan, manage, coordinate, compile and review:
- Applications for listed activities that would require environmental authorisations prior to commencement of that activity:
- Application for Authorisation in terms of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998) (NEMA)
- Waste Management Facility License Applications (WMFLA) in terms of the National Environmental Management: Waste Act, 2008 (Act No. 59 of 2008) (NEM:WA)
- Air Emission License (AEL) applications in terms of the National Environment Management: Air Quality Act, 2004 (Act No. 39 of 2004) (NEM:AQA)
- General Authorisation, Water Use License and Integrated Water and Waste Management Plan applications in terms of the National Water Act, 1998 (Act No. 36 of 1998) (NWA)
- Prospecting Right, Mining Permit and Mining Right applications in terms of the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002 (Act No. 28 of 2002) (MPRDA)
- Public Participation Processes (PPP) as prescribed in The National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No 107 of 1998) (NEMA)
- Environmental Management Programme & Plan Reports (EMPr) as prescribed in the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Regulations of 2014, Government Notice R (GNR). 982, as promulgated in terms of the National Environmental Management Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998) (NEMA)